Downtown – Complete Streets Project
- Site A parking lot (Water Street & Victory Road) landscaping enhancements are now complete with all trees, shrubs, boulders, irrigation and landscaping rock 100% installed. All the parking lot lights been replaced with double head LED fixtures.
Downtown – Water Street & Basic Road Improvement Project
- The Water Street Improvements Project includes the installation of the Water Street District archway monument sign, electrical power to each tree well for the installation of decorative lights and additional sound system speaker infrastructure on the north end of the street, all of which is being funded through an allocation of $700k recently approved by the RDA. Construction commenced with completion within 8 months.
- WSD Complete Streets Project: Improvements at Purple Heart Plaza are now complete.
Staff continues to work with the Local Chapter of the Purple Heart and the CAO to finalize the joint-use agreement. Tentative date for the dedication ceremony is planned for August 7th.
- PW Engineering and RDA staff continues to work with Landwell and their engineering consultant regarding the extension of Water Street project from Boulder Highway into the Cadence Master Plan Community. PW staff anticipates bidding the project within the next 60 days with construction to commence in the summer.
- Basic Road improvements have begun.
Downtown Residential Development
- The developer for Site F (SE corner of Basic & Lynn) is working diligently on their proposes 37-unit multi-family and multi-story residential apartment complex. The apartment project will have both 1 and 2-bedroom units with construction to commence within the next 10 months.
- RDA staff continues to work with Landwell with plans to relocate the WAPA Power Lines from the east side of Van Wagenen to a new center median in the street to allow for the development of a housing project within the 27 acres of vacant land. WAPA has commenced the preliminary design to relocate the power line and anticipates having the concept design completed within 120 days. RDA staff continues to work closely with PW staff on the re-design for Van Wagenen.
- The Agency has received 2 letters of interest regarding the purchase of Site C. RDA staff has met with both developers and has started analysis regarding the highest and best proposal for this site.
- Agency staff met this week with the owner of a lot in Downtown interested in constructing a new tiny-home residential project. The developer is interested in an “owner occupied” product with up to 6 residences on the site.
- Construction of the 4-plex residential project at 130 Copper Street continues with progress including exterior finishes with all windows, and doors installed.
- Hades Grill, a gourmet burger restaurant that will be opening at 306 S. Water Street (Emery’s previous location) around mid-July.
- The newly constructed Clark County Credit Union at 167 E. Lake Mead Parkway held its Grand Opening and ribbon cutting last week.
- The vacant JJ’s building has been sold and the new owner is planning to open a restaurant/urban lounge within the next 6 months in the Water Street District. The restaurant will be a UNLV Runnin’ Rebel inspired sports bar called “Hardway 8”, taking the name from first basketball team to make the NCAA tournament in 1977. Renovations will include kitchen and bar upgrades, interior renovations, new skylights, exterior façade improvements, and a new garage door opening onto Water Street.
- Site D (219 S. Water Street) has an interested developer is proposing to construct a tavern with gaming, restaurant, food trucks, e-sports, and live entertainment on the site.
- Construction of Juan’s Flaming Fajitas at 16 S. Water Street framing is complete with stucco finish to be applied next week. The contractor is scheduled to complete construction by early September. The restaurant is anticipated to be open soon thereafter.
- New owners took over at GoldMine Tavern this week.
- Vinnie’s Pizza and Wings scheduled to open a location on Water Street.